Looking for caregivers in Vancouver, BC, Canada
We are looking for a fun, energetic nanny to care for three boys; two four year olds – Finn (our son), Charlie (our friends’ son) and Hugo our 11 month old. We are looking for someone who will engage with our boys, be excited about their development and help them learn, while also encouraging independent play. Music, arts & crafts, adventures about town, learning and outdoor physical activities are just some of the ways you could have fun together. Both families enjoy healthy food and a healthy lifestyle and we hope you do too! Finn and Charlie love spending time together and Hugo loves laughing with his big brother. We have been part of a nanny share previously at another friend’s house and look forward to hosting a nanny share and welcoming our new nanny into our own home.
A typical day:
In the morning you will spend time with Hugo and on occasion may need to walk Finn to preschool when his Dad is working early. Hugo will have a nap, then around 11am you will walk to preschool (10 mins) to pick up Finn and Charlie at 11:15am. There may be time for a short play outside or a quick stop at the library on the way home. After lunch Hugo will have his second nap and the older boys will have some quiet time. Once Hugo is awake, the afternoon is open to fun and adventures! At the end of the day, the boys may all have a bath and you will need to prepare dinner (or heat up something I have prepared) for Finn and Hugo.
We would hope that you could keep the house generally tidy (basically just cleaning up after the kids, as we have a cleaner to clean the house). Every now and then you may need to pick up the occasional groceries if needed for the boys.
- This is a full-time position (40+ hours per week)
- Start date is flexible as we are keen to find the right person for the job…. but ideally, our new nanny would start as soon as possible just with Charlie only at Charlie’s place, then around the 14th August with all three boys at Finn and Hugo’s house.
- Charlie lives at 4th Ave/Balaclava, and we live at 10th Ave/Larch in Kitsilano.
- Standard hours would be 8am to 6pm Tuesday to Friday, with availability also to work occasionally on a Monday as required (upon 2 weeks of notice).
- Flexibility to start early or stay late from time to time is important.
- We are offering $15 to $25 an hour, depending on qualifications.
- We initially expect to be able to offer a one year contract. If things go well we expect there will be the option of staying on with us beyond the initial contract.
- This is not a live-in position and we are not interested in sponsoring through the live-in caregiver program.
- You must be a non-smoker
- You must have or be willing to obtain CPR
- You must have or be willing to obtain first aid training
- You must be eligible to work in Canada
- You must have a recent criminal record check or be willing to obtain one
If this sounds good to you, we look forward to hearing from you!