Looking for caregivers in Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi, my name is Sandra and I am looking for a childcare provider in Vancouver. We would like someone who is experienced, reliable and trustworthy. I look forward to hearing from you. Here are some details:
We are looking for a reliable, active, and crafty/artistic person to take care of our children after school, run some errands, take the children to activities, and do light housework. Hours are somewhat flexible, but we need:
- 3-4 hours of help per day (including 3:00 pm to 5:30 pm)
- 3-5 days per week (Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday preferred)
We can work together to determine a schedule, and the schedule can be changed with a few weeks of notice.
Our children are a seven year old boy and a four year old girl, in grade 2 and kindergarten. Our son loves designing and building machines out of Lego and cardboard. He has some after school activities, like choir and piano lessons, both away from and at our house. Our daughter loves making art of all kinds, especially anything to do with animals. Both of them enjoy playing outside, listening to stories, riding their bikes, going swimming or to the library. We have a screen-free home. We also have a cat. She doesn't watch TV either.
We live near Commercial Drive, an 8-minute walk from the Commercial-Broadway skytrain station. Nearly all of our day to day errands and children's activities are within walking distance.
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Criminal record check
- CPR and first aid training
- Child care
- Food preparation / cooking
- Light housekeeping (keep the kitchen tidy, run/empty dishwasher, sweep kitchen and dining room floors)
- Supervise children while they tidy up their toys before dinner
- Transporting children (transit, on foot)
- Grocery shopping, other nearby errands
- Admit contractors as necessary